I am a dog lover, and each day I’m amazed at the things I learn from my dog. Here are 5 of those things, that make me a better CPA!
- Patience. Dog training is training the dog to accept trial and error by its human I am patient with my clients because trial and error equals better understanding of our working relationship.
- Listening Gets To a Solution Quicker. Madi has a different bark for her priority of attention. It took me a lot of listening time to learn her “language”. Every client has a different ‘money’ language. I take time to listen and that helps me provide more effective money solutions quickly.
- Planning = Simplicity. I’ve been working Madi in the competitive dog sport of agility since 2014. If I don’t tell her what obstacle is next well in advance, she’ll take the wrong course. My clients need ‘cues’ prior to decision making to avoid the wrong course as well. I have learned from Madi to make my communications accurate, planned, and delivered in a language that my client can understand!
- Genuine Concern Builds Trust. Listening, understand, asking questions, and encouraging dialog all lead to caring with “skin in the game”. I’ve learned from Madi to build the same kind of trust that Madi and I have for each other, with each one of my clients. Trust = Success. Madi has a wall of 1st place blue ribbons from dog shows, because we trust each other. My clients have budget documentation, income tax documentation, and a good understanding of their financial situation (personal or with their business) because we build a trusting (and thus successful) relationship.
- Enjoy What You Do. Toys, bones, squeaky toys, balls. We have every dog toy under the sun. However Madi loves ball time the best. Cold, wet, rain, ice, weather doesn’t matter because she loves ball time. She has an intense passion for playing ball. I work with hard working, success driven, forward thinking individuals and business owners because I truly enjoy it. I have a passion for helping people become successful money managers and business owners. Sticking with what I love and being passionate about making a difference to my clients has led to 8 years of working with great people, and the opportunity to develop both business relationships and friendships that keep a smile on my face.
If you’d like to chat with me about the opportunity to work with me in the future, I am offering a free tax consultation to new clients if you reach out to me this month. If you’re interested, you can contact me me here. Just ask for a new client tax consultation. This opportunity won’t be available in a couple of months, as it’s tax season – and once my schedule is full, I won’t be able to take more clients.